New Admissions Being Taken and Visiting Your Loved One
Families and friends of Oak House
Throughout this ongoing situation our main focus is maintaining the health, well being and safety of everyone living and working at Oak House. We continue to monitor changes in advice and follow guidance from Rutland County Council, Public Health England and Department for Health and Social Care.
We introduced enhancements to our normal infection control measures and increased cleaning routines, which has helped us remain COVID-19 free. All residents and staff have been tested and we are retesting periodically moving forward.
Although regular FaceTime calls have enabled us to keep in regular contact, we understand how difficult it has been for you not visiting your friends and loved ones over the last few months. We have missed welcoming you and are now starting to bring people together again in a controlled way.
As a reminder please see the arrangements below;
- Visits must be pre booked, enabling 2 people to visit a resident for 30 minutes. Unfortunately we are not allowing children under 16 at this present time.
- Visits will be in the garden with entry through the garden gate, off Pond Lane
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer on arrival and when leaving Oak House and maintain a distance of 2 meters throughout the visit
- Please be aware you will not be able to use the toilets facilities
- Refreshments will be provided as normal
- If you are showing any sign or symptom of coronavirus please do not visit the home or you will be refused entry. As you are aware this includes a new and persistent cough, high temperature, change in taste or smell or feeling generally unwell.
We appreciate the support of families in relation to the above measures to ensure the safety of those living and working in our home.
We want to reassure you that whilst visits are still restricted inside the main house, any essential visits from healthcare professionals or families in exceptional circumstances will continue with strict protocols in place. We remain open to new admissions and to provide reassurance to everyone this is done in a managed way to ensure the safety and well being of all.
As we navigate the new normal we are planning for the future to enable visits to be improved. We will keep you informed, review guidance and amend our policies as soon as possible.